Spinnaker Plait 3/8" x 600' (9mm x 183m)
Rigby Spinnaker Plaint is a lightweight buoyant single braid that can be quick-spliced. Like Dinghy Braid, Spinnaker Plait is 100% MFP, which means very light weight, buoyancy, and "shake-dry" - it doesn't absorb water. But unlike Dinghy Braid, it's a loose weave so it splices like a hollowbraid.
The MFP yarn is carefully selected, high-tenacity for this type of fiber at 7.0g/d or better. 100% of the MFP we utilize is also UV stabilized. 8-point plaited loose weave.
- Floats in water (Specific gravity 0.91 g/ml)
- Wet strength loss is near zero
- Resists rot, mildew, mold, and many chemicals
- 9mm Dinghy has an average break strength of 2000lbs with a WLL of 10-15%
- 9mm Dinghy has a linear density of approximately 39ft/lb (38g/m)
Useful wherever a good blend of buoyancy, and easy handling are required, as well as the option to quick-splice it.
Now manufactured in 7 standard solid colors!