MFP Braid 5/16" x 600' (8mm x 183m)
RIGBY MFP BRAID is a double braided, multifilament floating rope suitable for a wide range of applications where buoyancy is a key criteria.
The MFP yarn is carefully selected, high-tenacity for this type of fiber at 7.0g/d or better. 100% of the MFP we utilize is also UV stabilized. Unlike other MFP ropes.
8mm: This is a double braid construction, but notice in the photo for 8mm (5/16") the cover is a 24-Carrier construction, unlike the larger 3/8". This is due to the popularity of this diameter for throw bag use; the 24C cover reduces chance of snags.
- Floats in water (Specific gravity 0.91 g/ml)
- Wet strength loss is near zero
- Resists rot, mildew, mold, and many chemicals
- Lower melting point as compared to nylon
- Size-for-size, over 20% lighter than Nylon and 40% lighter than polyester (RLS)
- 8mm MFP has an average break strength of 2000 lbs with a WLL of 15%
- 8mm MFP has a linear density of approximately 52 ft/lb (28g/m)
- Floating tow bridles
- High quality throw lines
- Water rescue
- Lightweight utility
Useful wherever a good blend of buoyancy, spliceability, and decent strength are required.
Now in a range of colors! Yellow or Orange base have a contrasting tracer; other colors indicated are solid colors.
See also: Kernmantle Float Rope