KFR 7mm x 600' (183m)
RIGBY KFR was designed by Sean Brown in response to demand for a higher performance everyday floating rope, where a spliced termination is not a requirement. With a Kernmantle cover design and a braided single core, KFR recovers very well from knots, giving you a low-torque, serviceable rope. Excellent in throw bags, rope bags, and even as a firm running rigging in some cases.
The MFP yarn is carefully selected, high-tenacity for this type of fiber at 7.0g/d or better. 100% of the MFP we utilize is also UV stabilized. A Rigby Radial Rope core, with a tightweave, high filament count Kernmantle cover.
- Tight weave for a firm, round braid that grips and knots well
- Recovers well from knots or from being in a rope bag
- Kernmantle cover design helps prevent grit from entering the rope
- Does not snag easily
- Floats in water (Specific gravity 0.91 g/ml)
- Wet strength loss is near zero
- Rated as Not spliceable
- Size-for-size 40% lighter than polyester (RLS)
- 7mm KFR has an average break strength of 3000 lbs with a WLL of 15%
- 7mm KFR has a linear density of approximately 39 ft/lb (37g/m)
- High quality throw lines
- Water rescue
- Lightweight utility
Useful wherever a good blend of buoyancy, and decent strength are required.
Now in a range of colors! Yellow or Orange base have contrasting tracers
For a spliceable floating double braid, see MFP Braid