Dinghy Braid 3/8" x 500' (9.5mm x 152m)
Dinghy Sailors around the globe have made this innovative braid their line of choice. Rigby Dinghy Braid is a lightweight single braid that manages a knubby but round 6-point tightweave plaited construction that grips well, knots well, and unties easily when you want it to. This rope absorbs NO water and will virtually shake dry.
The MFP yarn is carefully selected, high-tenacity for this type of fiber at 7.0g/d or better. 100% of the MFP we utilize is also UV stabilized. 6-point plaited tightweave.
- Floats in water (Specific gravity 0.91 g/ml)
- Wet strength loss is near zero
- Resists rot, mildew, mold, and many chemicals
- Not spliceable
- 3/8" Dinghy has an average break strength of 2000lbs with a WLL of 10-15%
- 3/8" Dinghy has a linear density of approximately 39ft/lb (38g/m)
- Running Rigging, Dinghy
- Floating/Lightweight handles
- Lightweight utility
Useful wherever a good blend of buoyancy, and easy handling are required.
Now manufactured in 7 standard solid colors!