MFP Braid 1/2" x 600' (12.5mm x 183m)
RIGBY MFP BRAID is a double braided, multifilament floating rope suitable for a wide range of applications where buoyancy is a key criteria.
The MFP yarn is carefully selected, high-tenacity for this type of fiber at 7.0g/d or better. 100% of the MFP we utilize is also UV stabilized. Unlike other MFP ropes, RIGBY then applies the Radial construction method to improve abrasion resistance and rope workability, and working strength.
- Floats in water (Specific gravity 0.91 g/ml)
- Wet strength loss is near zero
- Resists rot, mildew, mold, and many chemicals
- Lower melting point as compared to nylon
- RIGBY Radial construction means it is a fully spliceable double braid
- Size-for-size, over 20% lighter than Nylon and 40% lighter than polyester (RLS)
- 1/2" MFP has an average break strength of 4200 lbs with a WLL of 15%
- 1/2" MFP has a linear density of approximately 21.7 ft/lb (68g/m)
- Floating tow bridles
- High quality throw lines
- Water rescue
- Lightweight utility
Useful wherever a good blend of buoyancy, spliceability, and decent strength are required.
Now in a range of colors! Yellow or Orange base have a contrasting tracer; other colors indicated are solid colors.
See also: Kernmantle Float Rope